Holiday Fire Safety!
The Holiday Season is a time for families and friends to come together and celebrate. It is important to follow safety measures when decoration to ensure a safe and happy Holiday.
1. When decorating with candles, be sure to keep them out of the reach of children, pets and other decorations.
2. As much as you may want to mingle, don't walk away while cooking and baking. Set timers check your oven and stove regularly while in use.
3. When putting up your Christmas Tree be sure to put it away from heat sources and exits. Be sure to water real trees daily and choose flame resistant artificial trees and decorations.
4. Make sure you smoke alarms are installed and working correctly and never leave portable heaters or fireplaces unattended.
5."The stockings were hung by the chimney with care"
But don't light the fireplace!
6. Be sure to keep flammable materials away from anything that gets hot such as heat sources and fires.
7. Check strings of lights for worn out or broken cords and loose bulbs.
We wish you a safe and merry holiday season!